Wranglers round out season against Bridger Valley

Robert Galbreath photo Sophomore Laurens Dutzi, left, dives to maneuver the ball away from his Mountain View opponent on May 13.

PINEDALE – The Pinedale High School Wrangler boys’ soccer team finished its regular season with a double-header against its Bridger Valley conference opponents.

The action for the Wranglers opened with an away game against the Lyman Eagles on Friday, May 12. Lyman established a 3-0 lead by halftime. Pinedale rallied in the second half to outscore its opponent, 2-1. The final scoreboard ultimately favored Lyman, 4-2.

On Saturday, May 13, Pinedale hosted its last home game of the season against the Mountain View Buffalos. Regulation ended in a 1-1 stalemate. The Wranglers came up short in a heartbreaker overtime shootout that saw Mountain View win, 5-4, and go on to secure an overall 2-1 victory.

Mountain View

The Buffalos scored the first goal right out of the gates in the opening half before the Pinedale defense pulled together to prevent Mountain View from scoring again.

Junior goalie Brody Hamby made a save on the Buffalo’s next attempt to score.

The Wrangler offense broke through its opponents’ defense and drove deep into Mountain View territory.

Junior Graham Harber stepped up to make a corner kick, sending the ball into the net in a perfect arc to score a point for Pinedale.

Hamby posted four more saves. Sophomore Laurens Dutzi cleared the ball with a powerful kick. Fellow sophomore Christian Sosa Sanchez led an attack on offense, making a shot on goal.

The first half ended in a 1-1 tie.

The deadlock continued throughout the course of the second half. Hamby opened the half with a save. Harber delivered a pair of shots on goal. Hamby grabbed two saves and junior Dustin Larsen cleared the ball.

Hounding the Mountain View defense, the Wrangler offense continued to strike into Buffalo territory. Pinedale came close to scoring multiple times, with Harber and Sosa Sanchez each making a shot on goal. Junior Dylan Call played a tenacious offense, tallying three shots on goal.

Hamby picked up another pair of saves before regulation came to an end.