Indoor track team stacks up the wins
GILLETTE – Adding more first-place ribbons to their bag, Pinedale indoor track athletes made a strong showing at the fourth Indoor Track and Field Qualifying Meet hosted by Gillette on Saturday, Feb. 6.
Senior Teagan Bowers shattered the Pinedale school outdoor track and field record in the triple jump at the meet. Bowers took first place in the event, measuring his jump in at 43 feet, 4 1/4 inches. Zack Winer set the previous record in 2017 at 42-08 1/2.
Senior Isabella Romasko picked up three wins over the weekend in girls’ varsity events. In the 55-meter dash finals, Romasko took first, clocking in at 7.63 seconds. The senior also picked up first place in the girls’ 55-meter hurdle finals at 9.00 seconds, shaving six-hundredths of a second from her preliminary time. Capping the weekend off with a victory in the triple jump, Romasko measured in at 35-06 3/4, only 1.75 inches off her personal best last year.
Riley Dauwen, a senior, swept the competition in the girls’ varsity 400-meter dash finals, timing in at 1 minute, 5.36 seconds. Dauwen beat the runner-up from Buffalo by nearly half a second.
Bowers, senior Isaac Butterfield, sophomore Noah Sletten and junior Konner Ziegler took first place in the boys’ varsity 4x200-meter relay finals, clocking in at 1:42.07.
Overall, the Pinedale girls’ varsity squad placed fifth out of eight schools at 53.20 points while boys’ varsity took fourth of six teams at 35 points.
Additional varsity results:
- Girls’ 55-meter dash preliminaries: Rhonda Auradou in 12th place at 8.17 seconds, Lauren Kervitsky in 167th at 8.39 seconds, Grace Harnack in 28th at 8.90 seconds, Ayla Pollard in 30th at 9.04 seconds and Cambry Boyer in 32nd at 9.46 seconds.
- Girls’ 200-meter dash finals: Kervitsky in 19th place at 32.40 seconds, Harnack in 23rd at 33.46 seconds and Boyer in 25th at 36.68 seconds.
- Girls’ 400-meter dash finals: Lauren Jones in eighth place at 1:09.25 and Camille Kainer in 14th at 1:26.00.
- Girls’ 4x200-meter relay finals: Kervitsky, Auradou, Harnack and Pollard in fourth place at 2:10.97.
- Girls’ high jump finals: A five-way tie for seventh, including Auradou and Kervitsky, at 4-03.
- Girls’ long jump finals: Romasko in third place at 15-04 3/4.
- Boys’ 55-meter dash preliminaries: Bowers in fourth place at 6.97 seconds, Butterfield in 12th at 7.17 seconds, Ziegler in 16th at 7.35 seconds and Connor Crockett in 33rd at 8.56 seconds.
- Boys’ 55-meter dash finals: Bowers in third place at 6.96 seconds.
- Boys’ 200-meter dash finals: Butterfield in eight place at 25.63 seconds, Sletten in 10th at 26.09 seconds, Ziegler in 12th at 26.58 seconds and Crockett in 26th at 30.63 seconds.
- Boys’ long jump finals: Bowers in second place at 20 feet even.