Competition burns up the courts
Toree Andersen of the Doom Squad maneuvers around her opponent in the 11-12th grade girls' division finals on July 8. Nicolas Sletten goes up for a shot during the PAC's 3-on-3 tournament over Rendezvous weekend. Photos by Robert Galbreath.
The heat was on at the annual 3-on-3 Shootout Street Basketball Tournament hosted by the Pinedale Aquatic Center (PAC) on July 8. Temperatures pushed the upper 80s as teams from across western Wyoming squared off against opponents from Utah and Idaho.
Staff at the PAC stepped up to the plate once again and kept the event running smoothly, seamlessly wrangling 41 teams through 99 games in a single day.
- 5-6th grade coed division: the Dream Team from Dutch John, Utah, in first place, the Basket Ballers from Big Piney in second and Rock Spring’s Doom Squad in third.
- 7-8th grade girls’ division: Team Pinedale in first place, Team Wild from Pinedale in second place with Rebel Alliance of Pinedale in third.
- 7-8 grade boys’ division: RS Tigers from Rock Springs in first place, Pinedale’s Hoop Crew in second and Ball In from Jackson in third.
- 9-10th grade girls’ division: Pinedale’s Top Guns in first place, Mambacitas from Dubois in second with Triple Threat from Pinedale in third.
- 9-10th grade boys’ division: The Horns from Farson in first place, BP Boys of Big Piney in second and Summer Ballers from Pinedale in third.
- 11-12th grade girls’ division: The Gold Diggers from Rock Springs in first place with Pinedale’s Doom Squad in second.
- 11-12th grade boys’ division: 307 Ballers from Pinedale in first place, Pinedale’s Backstreet Bois in second with Team Manilla from Utah in third.
- Women’s open division: The Milfs from Rock Springs in first place, Pinedale’s Shots Fired in second and the Mustangs from Pinedale in third.
- Men’s open division: Jackson’s Sloppy Joes in first place, Team Black from Marbleton in second and Big Piney’s Big Steppas in third.