SCSD9 free and reduced meals for students


BIG PINEY — Sublette County School District No. 9 announced its policy for free and reduced price meals for children whose families are unable to pay the full price of meals served through the national school lunch and breakfast programs.
The following household size and income criteria will be considered when determining eligibility. Children from households whose income is at or below the levels shown are eligible for free or reduced price meals.

SNAP Benefits and foster children

Students who fall into these two categories can be directly certified for free breakfast and lunch without completing a meal benefit income application. Contact the school to check your student's direct certification status.

POWER and FDPIR Power (noncustodial)

Students who are in these two categories can be certified for free breakfast and lunch, after a meal benefit income application is completed by their guardian, who must include the adult household member's signature and the appropriate case number.

Homeless and runaway

Students who are determined to be homeless or runaway by the school homeless liaison will receive free breakfast and lunch. Contact Melissa Mitchell at 307-276-3322 for more information.

Households not receiving SNAP, POWER or FDPIR benefits

Students can be eligible for free or reduced breakfasts and lunches by completing a meal benefit income application. It must include all members of the household and their incomes, the last four digits of the primary adult's social security number and signature. Applications may be submitted online after Aug. 1. Paper forms may be obtained through the school by request.

Information provided on the application will be used for the purpose of determining eligibility and may be verified at any time during the school year by school or other program officials. Applications may be submitted at any time during the school year.
Under the provisions of the free and reduced price policy, the food service director will review application and determine eligibility. Parents or guardians dissatisfied with the ruling of the official may wish to discuss the decision with the determine official on an informal basis. Parents wishing to make a formal appeal may make a request either orally or in writing to Angie Clifford, Food Service Director, 307-2756-3322, ext. 4142, or email for a hearing on the decision.

If a household member becomes unemployed or if the household size increases, the household should contact the school. The household may now be eligible for benefits if the household's income is at or below the levels shown.

The information provided by the household is confidential and will be used only for purposes of determining eligibility and verifying data unless specific written consent is given.
Non-Discrimination Statement: In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.
Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language) should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at 202-720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at 800-877-8339.
To file a program discrimination complaint, a complainant should complete a Form AD-3027 Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at:

Complaint-Form-0508-0002-508-11-28-17Fax2Mail.pdf, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:

  • Mail:

U.S. Department of Agriculture

Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights

1400 Independence Avenue, SW

Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or

2) Fax: (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or

3) Email:

SCSD9 is an equal opportunity provider.