Veterans Day in Sublette County
• On Thursday, Nov. 10, the Women’s Auxiliary has arranged a special Veterans Day lunch hosted at the Southwest Pioneers Senior Center, 111 Rakestraw Ave., in Marbleton. The salad bar opens at 11:30 a.m. and the noon meal is served at noon.
• On Veterans Day, Friday, Nov. 11, at 11:10 a.m., the Big Piney High School’s National Honor Society presents its annual patriotic program of music, tradition and speeches to honor all veterans. American Legion’s Dee Fox Post 78 veterans will celebrate by wearing their brand new full-dress uniforms thanks to the generosity of Roman “Rocky” Piernick, according to Post 78 Commander Mack Rawhouser. During the assembly, veterans Vice Commander Steve Greenwell and Fred Archambault will fold the flag 13 times while Adjutant Ron Davidson tells the history of that tradition.
• On Veterans Day, Friday, Nov. 11 from 8:45-9:15 a.m. the Pinedale Elementary School hosts a special assembly in honor of the day. Pinedale Middle School presents its Veterans Day assembly from 9:45 to 10:15 a.m. in the Pinedale High School Auditorium. The American Legion Post 47 hosts its Veterans Day assembly and community awards ceremony from 11 a.m. to noon in the high school auditorium. The Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) Post 4801 and VFW Auxiliary will begin serving lunch immediately following the noon assembly at 1033 W. Pine St., in Pinedale.
• On Saturday, Nov. 12 the VFW and VFW Auxiliary hosts Turkey Bingo starting at 11:30 a.m. at 1033 W. Pine St. Sloppy joes will be served for a free will donation. Bingo begins at 12 p.m. The first five games are for children. The event supports the VFW Auxiliary Scholarship Program. The public is welcome to attend!
• On Sunday, Nov. 13, the VFW and VFW Auxiliary Post 4801 hosts a Veterans Pancake Breakfast at 1033 W. Pine St., in Pinedale.