PAC hosts the Pinedale Shootout
Robert Galbreath photos
PINEDALE – Heat pulsed from the Pinedale Aquatic Center’s tennis courts as the sun beat through hazy skies. More than 50 teams from across Wyoming, Idaho and Utah braved the high temperatures to square off in the PAC’s 3-on-3 Basketball Tournament.
The annual event took place during Rendezvous weekend on Friday, July 9. PAC staff transformed the tennis area into six half-courts for a full day’s action featuring teams from fifth grade to adult.
The show ran flawlessly thanks to hard work put in by the PAC leadership team, staff and volunteers. Referees, scorekeepers, players and coaches switched positions seamlessly.
Victorious teams advanced to the playoffs in bracket-style play for a chance at the championship in each age division.
- Fifth- and sixth-grade co-ed division: Team Wyomada took Rock Springs down a notch in the championship round, winning, 11-6. The M&M Monsters pulled into third place, beating WILD in the consolation round, 11-6.
- Seventh- and eighth-grade girls: This division had only one pool. Alley Oopsies scored an 11-6 win to seize the championship in the final round against Hoop There It Is.
- Seventh- and eighth-grade boys: RS Elite beat out RS Tigers, 11-5, in the championship round. P-Town Ballers came in third place, edging out Earth Jam in the consolation round, 11-8.
- Ninth- and 10th-grade girls: The championship round featured a showdown between the Camels and Every Swish Begins With Klay. The Camels knocked out their opponent in the finals, 16-9. The Shawty Shooters beat the Ballin’ Beauties in the consolation round by a resounding 16-0.
- Ninth- and 10th-grade boys: Blue Sky Boyz and RS Elite played a nail biter in the championship round with Blue Sky taking a 2-point win, 16-14. Third place went to Native Sinz with a 16-15 victory over Hoop Crew.
- 11th- and 12-grade girls: Mountain View took down the Bikini Bottom Ballers, 14-12, for the championship. In the consolation round, the Lady Wolves scored a win against the Swaggy Shooters, 17-10.
- 11- and 12-grade boys: The championship game pitted 307 against FBGM. 307 pulled ahead for a 17-9 victory. Consolation honors were split between the Valley Boyz and Manila.
- Women’s open: Competition featured only one pool. Team Watermalone snatched up the championship in a 16-5 victory over Still Going.
- Men’s open: The Legends beat Old School, 16-12, for the championship. The consolation round turned into a 16-0 rout for Marcus Is In against the Playboys.