PINEDALE – Cheering and high fives echoed through the Pinedale Aquatic Center as the Sublette County combined girls’ swim team hosted its final home meet against Kemmerer on Thursday, Oct. 27.
Friendly competition mixed with fun as the team bids farewell to the regular season and gears up for the State Swimming and Diving Championships in Laramie on Nov. 3-5.
The evening also featured Senior Recognition Night in Pinedale, honoring Rhonda Auradou, Morgan Grossman, Lilly Joseph and Rayne Wheeler.
“Our Last Chance Meet was one of the most joyful meets I have been to in my 30-plus years of competitive swimming and coaching,” said Co-Head Coach Kelsey Harder. “The amount of laughter and celebration over every aspect of the meet is one that I will always remember. It was encouraging to hear the freshmen, sophomores and junior girls already planning how they are going to prepare for next season by training in the offseason. Sending our seniors off to State in the manner we were able to is absolute perfection. I’m so excited for what this season has been and what is to come.”
Each athlete on the team stepped up to the plate, said Co-Head Coach Kursty Day.
“We saw some great time drops from the girls on Thursday,” she added. “I am very proud of our young team and all they accomplished this season.”
Last Chance highlights
Senior Morgan Grossman scored gold in the 200-freestyle, clocking in at 2 minutes, 13.90 seconds.
Hitting the finish line at 1:14.75, sophomore Jolynn Jones won the 100-butterfly. She also snagged third place in the 200-freestyle with a time of 2:26.88.
Senior Lilly Joseph earned silver in diving, tallying 167.35 points following six dives.
In the 100-freestyle, senior Rayne Wheeler picked up second place, finishing the event in 1:02.23. Sophomore Emma York came in second place in the long-distance 500-freestyle, posting a time of 6:56.32.
Freshman Shelby Scott bagged silver in the 100-backstroke, timing in at 1:18.65.
Third-place finishes included bronze for sophomore KaLee Bohnet in the 100-butterfly at 1:28.30. Freshman Bryn Arne took third place in the 500-freestyle with a time of 7:47.28.
Last Chance – additional results
• 200-freestyle: Alexis Thompson in fourth place at 2:33.63, Aurora Rees in fifth at 2:42.64, Chelsea Wright in seventh at 3:00.15, Catie Langlois in eighth at 3:05.92 and Mariaha Morgan in ninth at 3:28.12.
• 50-freestyle: Wheeler in fourth place at 29.40 seconds, Maggie Walker and York tied for sixth at 30.30, Addy Levitt in seventh at 30.58, Libby Olson in eighth at 30.59, Joseph in ninth at 30.81, Rhonda Auradou in 10th at 31.62, Scott in 11th at 31.80, Kamia Runyan in 12th at 32.98, Clairee Bingham in 13th at 33.25, Alyce Hayward in 14th at 34.22, Kaylea Mortensen in 15th at 35.47, Hadlee Francis in 16th at 36.20, Langlois in 17th at 36.90, Mya Swain in 18th at 39.34, Charlotte Delker in 19th at 43.48 and Evalyn Smith in 20th at 43.81.
• Diving: Auradou in fifth place with 124.55 points.
• 100-freestyle: Thompson in fourth place at 1:09.53, Levitt in fifth at 1:11.98, Rees in sixth at 1:13.42, Olson in seventh at 1:14.90, Francis in eighth at 1:24.76 and Morgan in ninth at 1:36.04.
• 500-freestyle: Hayward in fourth place at 7:47.49.
• 100-backstroke: Wright in fourth place at 1:40.34, Arne in fifth at 1:44.18, Swain in sixth at 1:46.97 and Delker in seventh at 1:58.83.
• 100 breaststroke: Walker in fourth place at 1:27.42, Smith in sixth at 1:35.99, Mortensen in seventh at 1:36.33, Runyan in eighth at 1:37.83, Bingham in ninth at 1:45.04 and Bohnet in 10th at 2:05.34.