Girls’ swim team closes in on State times
RAWLINS – The Sublette County combined girls’ swim team put in strong performances at the Rawlins Invite on Saturday, Oct. 7, continuing to drop times in both individual events and relays as athletes move closer to qualifying for State.
Sublette County beat Rock Springs to place sixth at the event, posting 113.5 points.
Junior Jolynn Jones broke into the top 10 in the 100-butterfly, capturing fifth place with a time of 1 minute, 16.71 seconds.
Clocking the 500-freestyle in at 6:51.09, junior Alexis Thompson earned fifth place in the event.
Senior Addysen Levitt secured sixth place in the 200-individual medley, hitting the finish line in 2:49.24. Levitt went on to finish eighth in the 100-breaststroke with a time of 1:28.23.
Sophomore Bryn Arne snapped up seventh place in the 500-freestyle, posting a time of 7:32.09.
In the 100-breaststroke, junior Maggie Walker secured seventh place, reaching the finish line in 1:27.77. Walker also tied for 10th place in the 50-freestyle sprint, with a time of 29.41 seconds.
Junior Emma York snagged ninth place in the 200-freestyle, timing the event in at 2:25.95.
Sophomore Shelby Scott took 10th place in the 100-breaststroke with a time of 1:33.67.
Relay highlights included a sixth-place finish for Walker, York, Jones and sophomore Libby Olson in the 200-freestyle relay at 1:59.26. Thompson, senior Brooke Noble, Levitt and sophomore Clairee Bingham placed eighth in the event with a time of 2:04.38.
Timing the 200-medley relay in at 2:22.83, Walker, sophomore Evalyn Smith, Jones and York took eighth place in the event.
Thompson, freshman Addison Kinnamon, Arne and Bingham earned eighth place in the 400-freestyle relay at 5:04.84. Levitt, sophomore Anna Wexels, Smith and Olson placed 10th in the event with a time of 5:13.62.
“We saw some big time drops on Saturday in Rawlins,” said Co-Head Coach Kursty Day. “Emma is very close to qualifying for State in the 200-freestyle. Alexis is very close in both the 200-free and 500-free and Addy is close in the 200-individual medley.”
The swim team dove back into competition for a duel against Evanston in Big Piney on Tuesday, Oct. 10. Results were not available at press time.
Additional Rawlins results
• 200-medley relay: Kinnamon, Matazi Landers, KaLee Bohnet and Aurora Rees in 11th place at 2:33.01 and Noble, Kamia Runyan, Chelsea Wright and Scott in 14th at 2:46.07.
• 200-freestyle: Thompson in 12th place at 2:28.26, Arne in 17th at 2:48.53 and Bohnet in 18th at 2:50.73.
• 50-freestyle: York in 13th place at 29.80 seconds, Jones in 14th at 29.81, Olson in 17th at 31.07, Bingham in 18th at 31.57, Noble in 21st at 31.98, Landers in 22nd at 32.03, Runyan in 23rd at 32.08, Rees in 26th at 32.71, Scott in 31st at 34.32, Kinnamon in 33rd at 35.14, Smith in 38th at 36.93 and Wexels in 40th at 37.64.
• 100-butterfly: Bohnet in 11th place at 1:26.75.
• 100-freestyle: Olson in 18th place at 1:12.11, Rees in 19th at 1:12.25, Wright in 25th at 1:19.08, Kinnamon in 26th at 1:19.91 and Wexels in 28th at 1:25.22.
• 200-freestyle relay: Scott, Bohnet, Landers and Runyan in 11th place at 2:11.53 and Arne, Rees, Wright and Wexels in 15th at 2:25.93.
• 100-backstroke: Noble in 17th place at 1:31.35 and Wright in 19th at 1:35.87.
• 100-breaststroke: Landers in 12th place at 1:35.34, Runyan in 13th at 1:35.37, Runyan in 13th at 1:35.37, Smith in 14th at 1:35.98 and Bingham in 15th at 1:38.59.